My week- 18th Birthday special.



This is a new type of series I will be starting.. Well starting it now. A blog post to tell you about my week, upcoming events and posts and just a general reminder of my week so far. It is going to be the raw Anna, the Anna who always goes into McDonalds and gets a Chicken Nugget Happy Meal and a Chicken Burger and the Anna who sings the same song every morning to Dan. The real Anna.
I turned 18 on the 18th September 2015 and it was one of the most 'normalish' days of my life, fun and exciting and all that but I was the same old Anna, just a year older.


I had my birthday party the week before, best night ever. Thanks again to everyone who bothered to turn up!
My Mam put this photo up on Facebook, I mean what can I say? I was a cute baby!


We took a family selfie because we are cute like that, can we all just look at Oscars face please? I think he's had enough selfies at this point. We may not be the biggest family there is but we sure are the best!


I love stucky toffee pudding, a lot. I knew I couldn't just have a normal, bog standard birthday cake that everyone else has, ohh no. I had 18 sticky toffee cakes and a little birthday cake, which Oscar ate. Normal is soooo borinng!

Then the big, bigggg, bigggggggggg present arrived and I've never been more excited to go somewhere. I LOVE Paris, I adore Paris and I just bloody love that big tower which is in the middle of it.

I laugh at people when they take pictures like this, in summer Facebook is covered in them! I thought I'd join the gang and post one, it is a nice picture, sky and blue everywhere. I also found out that I hate planes, flying, the air and it didn't help that it was making a strange sound (which I later found out was just the brakes doing their thing, thank Jesus). My Mam kindly infected me and my Gran with a cold, thanks a bunch Marianne!

Then came the Sunday, the day I was going to go to the tower and take a stereotypical photo and be happy.. Or so I thought. It was shut, the Eiffel Tower was fecking shut and I've never wanted to scream in the French polices faces so much in my life, but they have guns and I want to live. Why was it shut do I hear you ask? Because some silly bugger tried to climb it with a white back pack on and they thought it was a terrorist attack. Now I can say all the ifs, buts, what and why I want but the truth is I wasn't going to go up the Tower. After a few minutes of sulking we went to the Arc de Triomphe which was amazing and the view is beautiful. On the way I got this photo of the Eiffel Tower, I'm very proud of it and I'm going to get it blown up.


Then came the day I had been looking forward to since I last seen that Mouse and his friends. You know the reaction you would expect a child when they seen the sign? That was me, all day... Non stop smiling and happiness.



I mean, Mickey Mouse sang happy birthday to me, I got a high five off a bear, scared by some pirates and Peter Pan winked at me (My Mam says it was to her but she's lying). It was expensive, busy and very hot but it was worth every second of it.


My 18th was the best birthday ever, thank you to each and everyone of you who bought me presents, cards and gave me money. You all are amazing and I'm truly thankful I have you in my life.

Mwah

X x x


Comments

  1. Happy birthday!! :)
    I'm glad you had such a lovely time in Paris, what an amazing experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday ! As you get older (sorry) actual birthdays do become pretty normal, but that makes it all the more special to celebrate them for longer either side!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

I bake cakes and have a dog!

Q&A 3.