10 THINGS I HAVE LEARNT AT UNI

As I've completed my 2nd year at uni (albeit a different uni, but that's another post) I've came to find that I've found out even more about myself than ever; and that people still can't understand us Cumbrians. so here are my 10things I've learnt at uni, enjoy!

  1. cheese xl needs to be a national treasure and I feel deeply sorry for anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to have them at least once.
  2. there's nothing in this world better than pads on a Thursday, fishbowl of skittles, donk, smoking area crack. amazing. 
  3. Cumbrians speak proper strange, like, really strange. why do we say yam? garn? marra? dossen? why do we always say ey? when at uni I feel like I basically have to slow my speech down that much it would be easier to send them a message.
  4. every single youtube video, blog post, news article and little booklet you get forced to put into your free goodie bag at uni open days- are all lies. sugar coating? Jesus christ. the people on the cover smiling? drugged. the group of flatmates all acting friendly? they have 100% been arguing over whos buying toilet roll.
  5. there's nothing nicer than your own bed. absolutely nothing.
  6. DONT GET ATTACHED TO YOUR FRESHERS ROMANCE. Trust a girl who fell in love on the first night, it doesn't work. you're drunk, he's drunk. awkward eye contact on smoking areas for the rest of the year.
  7. it's actually nice to cook, I mean it. after so many chineses, kebabs, ready meals and 'snacky' teas. it's always nice to sit down in your dirty kitchen to have some overcooked slop with ya best pals.
  8. your kitchen/communal areas will always be untidy. there will always be shit in the sink, some mouldy stuff in the corner and let's not talk about the overflowing bin by the door. anyone gonna clean it? no, didn't think so. pre-drinks to? aye, course lets just move everything to the corner and get drunk.
  9. money isn't everything. last year I had enough money for a holiday, to buy a car outright, when another car when that one blew up in McDonalds drive-thru, have the best summer ever. I was finally better off. this year ive struggled, so, so much. ive had -£500 in my bank and still had the best time ever and ive been sad and depressed with £2000. money isn't everything, its who you're with what counts.
  10. the people you meet will remind you that every stressful night, every argument with your mam whilst packing and them very first lovely hours in the yoir flat are all worth it. the people I met this year I never want to forget or lose. they have stuck by me when ive kicked off in clubs, fell over invisible objects in the street, got me endless popadom palaces and haven't abandoned me when I bring people back to the flat who they hate. 
ive probably learnt more, I know I have. every year I learn more about life without my mam and I'm one step closer to using a washing machine. UCLAN 2017, you've been the best.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

My week- 18th Birthday special.

My Happy Week #3