NUTELLA CHAT: I'm scared



Someone reminded me on a facebook group that I don't have long left until I really need to sort my life out. In September I turn 19 and either spend it at home or away. I'm either going to be at university or at home.

And that fucking scares me.

Iv'e always had a big family around me and there is always a shoulder to cry on and a pair of ears to listen to your moans of life. People might be shocked to read that I'm pretty awkward when first meeting people and I'm no good in all that first impressions shit. Which, I'm pretty sure is key at University.. You know, like making friends and not being labelled the strange kid on your first day.

My Gran and Mam will be the first to admit that they have babied me since I was born. The whole concept of paying a phone bill and actually checking dates to see if the milk you've been drinking is turning into cheese. I've never had to do anything. I'm not saying if you gave me a pan, some chicken, rice or pasta and some tomatoes I couldn't come up with a good meal. It's more budgeting, washing, turning that turny thing on your radiator which controls something (?). Truth is, I don't know how to adult.

I hate change anyway and I get nervous when things don't go to plan or they change. So, going from my life which I'm comfortable in and it's all good; to spending the first night ever alone in a flat with strangers who could kill me and eat my bread.. Well, you've probably guessed, scares me.

I'm sure I'll survive on my tiny maintenance loan, make friends and survive without seeing Austin every day.

What they don't tell you at College is that change is scary, but maybe it's a good scary.

Be good my little chicken nuggets!


Comments

  1. When I first went to university I was terrified, I loved living with my parents and although I was excited I was really scared to go and be 3 hours away from them... Once I got there I just didn't even realise I was so involved with the activities and the friends I was making! You will be fine :) Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July faves! | Unicorns and Fairy Dust.

I bake cakes and have a dog!

Q&A 3.